The KatoAnon Commentaries

The product of a bored and stifled brain. This is my creative refuge, the place I can safely say, "oh, well, joke 'em if they can't take a fuck."

Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday Mega-Edition

Monday mood music

I feel a boogie skate!

Art appreciation

The Commentaries, in the name of truth, justice and the American way, has thrown its Goliath Best Blog Poll support to the award-winning BatBlog but still wants to keep pace with its peers.

Cindi has provided thought-provoking philosophical shock and awe. Goliath has exposed readers to Amy Winehouse videos they wouldn't have seen otherwise, certainly not every third post on Facebook since the news of her death broke. HoosierTaxpayer, well, HoosierTaxpayer has mostly given us boobs, and I'm pretty sure one set of those is fake.

Not to be outdone, The Commentaries is offering visual art. An image of sculpture. Simply to gaze at. Ponder a little.


Questions you may want to ask yourself as you reflect:

Would this piece be interesting and successful if viewed in the round?
What was the artist trying to say with this piece?
Would this look cool on my living room wall?
Is one of those shorter than the other?

A funny story

Funny thing happened, ok? You're not going to believe this, but really I am not making it up. Here, man, let me tell you. Here it is. I was going to get a picture of Cowboy, I swear.

I looked high and low down Spring St. and Court, cruised Coots, Mickey Ds, the Waffle and his secret clubhouse, getting totally jacked on coffee and feeling remorseful for blowing my wad too early in my blog venture. How would I continue to be worthy of this fabulously successful blog?

My car made a wider cruise as I smirked at a lagoon and seriously considered renting a carpet shampooer from Heuser Hardware. As I neared Court again, I saw a ruckus in Warder Park. It had the clear markings of a Cowboy sighting. Men insisting on buying him a drink. Women throwing undergarments.

I fought my way through the crowd and yelled over the roar of autograph seekers, "Hey, Cowboy!" Cowboy said, "Hey, Baby!" I said, "Hey, Baby, you. Let me get a picture." He said, "Ok, Baby," and did the best Arnold pose ever. I took the greatest Cowboy picture ever.

Then some crazy chick ran off with my camera. I'm still not sure if it was a jealous Cowboy fan, the chick muttering about angry birds on her phone or another thieving wench, but it's out there...somewhere, that awesome Cowboy pic.

There will be a handsome reward for the return of my camera with a picture of Cowboy set in Warder park. The camera is...orange, yeah, that's it. With one of the zoom thingys. That should narrow it down. I sure hope no dog ate it.

Monday Mega-Edition Editorial Comment

Hangnails suck and oh, shit, the president has been on an hour. I'm missing it. Stupid blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment